Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kick-Ass Unicorn vs. Hamster of Doom

Some days I wonder... 

if the world was the World Wrestling Foundation and my life was a match-up between:

   a) me as The Kick-Ass Unicorn, vs.
   b) me as The Hamster of Doom, 

who would win?

Hamster of Doom (a.k.a. HoD) is the mindless part of me that:

   *  spins madly in its little hamster wheel and gets nowhere
   * doesn't even wonder why it's running, running, running
   * compulsively checks facebook to see if there are any new club members
   * gets lost in the bermuda triangle of the internet.
   * is WAY over scheduled and always 5 minutes late (at least).





Kick-Ass Unicorn is the mindful side of me that:
   
   * has a vision, 
   * is courageous,
   * plays and has fun,
   * takes effective action, and
   * is a super-hero (well, only when I'm feeling manic) 






I vow that HoD will not win the WWF match that is my life.




The pace of life works in favor of HoD, like a trainer in the corner of the ring, who spurs HoD onto more mindless activity.  Barely have time to breathe and it's DING! - back in the ring.  

Frankly, HoD gets exhausted but it jumps back into the spinning wheel, or the ring, depending on which metaphor you are following (if you are following them at all).

That's when I have to stop and say...






Or, better yet, I'm a f *cking kick-ass unicorn!

The dreaded Hamster of Doom may win a few rounds, but in the end,

... the winner is ...

Kick-Ass Unicorn!


Yours,
Linda  (a.k.a. K.A.U.)

Imagine.  Explore.  Create.  


No comments:

Post a Comment